A little late to join the band wagon on this, but here my 13 favourite beauty products of 2013. It was really hard to narrow it down to just 13 as I’ve discovered so many fabulous products. After rummaging through my stuff I pulled out 13 that I use religiously throughout the year.
*NOTE // These products aren’t in mint condition as they have been much loved and used.*
- Nivea In-shower body moisturiser – I really don’t have time to moisturise once I get out the shower so I’m always in the hunt for an oil which can be used in the bath. I want one which washes off leaving the skin feeling soft and supple. This is such a wonderful product, with a cream like consistency, when applied,it just seems to disappear into this oil texture that absorbs into the skin instantly. It took a while for me to get used to the concept but as the Nivea In shower moisturiser was keeping my skin feeling silky soft I continued to use it and now it’s a must have!!
- Lady Gaga- Fame – Not really a fan of Gaga’s music. I saw this fragrance on offer at Boots and gave it a whiff…it’s insanely beautiful. The concept is extremely unique, a black liquid – once sprayed, it turns clear. If you like a dark, sensual scent then this is going to be right up your street.
- La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo – This moisturiser has not only been my favourite for 2013 but has been with me for the past 4 years, ever since the brand was launched in Boots. It’s the most light and gentle moisturiser for oily/spot prone skin. I wouldn’t say I have an overly spotty face, however I feel like this product just helps refine the texture of my skin and keep spots at bay.
- Indeed Labs Eysilix- I only started using eye cream this year, you’know tryna keep wrinkles away and all that jazz. I tried a few others and I felt like eye-moisturisers that came in a gel like consistency left a tacky after feeling. This is a lovely light creamy texture which absorbs into the skin and my under eye area just feels so much more nourished.
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer – If all my make-up had to be taken away leaving me to choose just one item, without a doubt I would pick concealer. I have extremely dark under-eye circles – I drink a lot of water, get a good amount of sleep and they’re still there! I think it’s hereditary, so if it can’t be fixed, let’s hide it! I’ve tried endless amount of concealers, high-end, drugstore, the lot! Nars Radiant creamy concealer is the only one that has stood out to me. It does not crease at all, it conceals, highlights, blends seamlessly. Seriously, the winner of 2013 hands down!
- Jouer Luminizing moisturiser tint – I’m not a full coverage kinda gal (unless it’s a super special occasion!) I want my skin to feel like it can breathe and have a decent amount of coverage at the same time. I discovered this whilst reading beauty blogs and thought I’d give it ago. It’s AMAZING. Most tinted moisturisers have tiny micro-glitter particles, but either this one doesn’t have any or they are so fine that I can barely see them! It leaves my skin with a lovely luminous glow.
- Nars Radiant cream compact foundation– Now for ‘special’ days where I want that extra umph and extra coverage – this newly launched Nars Foundation is fantastic. It’s quite creamy which I like especially for the winter. I apply it with a beauty blender or a real techniques buffing brush. A small amount goes a long way. I will definitely do a blog post about this foundation in the near future so keep a lookout for that!
- Anastasia Brow Whiz – A serious eyebrow miracle worker. Read my earlier blog post here.It’s got all the deets on the product.
- Maxfactor False Lash Effect Mascara – I think Maxfactor in general is a bit of a hidden gem in the beauty drug-store section, they have some brilliant products. My favourite one is their mascara – I love the wand of the brush, it separates, lengthens and adds immense volume, all which for a great value too!
- Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama gel-eyeliner – Being a huge fan of MAC, I loved their Gel Ink in Backtrack. It was the first gel eyeliner I ever tried which was rich in colour and left this beautiful matte finish that made my eyes stand out. The downside to the gel was it dried up waaay to quick, this is an excellent dupe – in fact I prefer it to the MAC one. Once applied it stays put the entire day!
- Nars Laguna Bronzer – as you can see from the picture, it is a much loved bronzer. Finely milled and builds up this beautiful colour. It gives me a ‘within glow’ look which I haven’t found from any other bronzer. Believe it or not this is my 2nd pan. I love it THAT much.
- Nars Voulez-Vous Coucher Avec Moi, Ce Soir palette – There were so many amazing palette releases in 2013 and I think I pretty much brought most of them. But what makes a palette really stand out is how much use I actually get out of it – this palette has been used EVERY single day since I brought it! It includes two of my favourite Nars blushers – Deep throat and Dolce Vita – and some really wearable eye shadow shades. Unfortunately it is Limited Edition and exclusive to Selfridges – they may still have some there.
- Lime Crime Velvetine’s & Sleek Matte Me – I had to kinda cheat on this one! Sorry! For me, 2013 has been the year of Matte lips. I’ve been absolutely obsessed with them. Lime crime is quite hard to purchase in the UK and I have only been able to get hold of it online. Sleek is a cheaper and easier alternative. Both are intensely pigmented – last a lot longer then your average lipstick, make your lips look amazing (not that you’re lips aren’t amazing already )
*and breathe* Gosh that was a long one! Well done if u got to the end of this! Thankyou so much for reading –
If there is a product in specific you want me to write about from this list then PLEASE do let me know!
I pose this question to you all…if you could only have ONE beauty product, what would it be?